Olubadan is the royal tittle of the King in Ibadan which mean, Lord of Ibadan land.
A song sang by one of the Nigerian juju music legend, chief Ebenezer Obey, which
says “before you can be crowned a king of a land, you must be a responsible person”. No doubt this song is meant for someone like, Chief Saliu Adetunji.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the successor of the former Olubadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji.
1. He is 80 years old.
2. He attended IMG Grammar school Oke Ado, Ibadan.
3. He went to Chicago college of performing arts (Music Conventory), United States in 1974 and 1976.
4. He studied marketing.
5. He is a music Marketer who owns 3 leading music marketing companies in Nigeria, known as Omo Aje sound studio, Adetunji Label and Baba Laje records.
6. He markets, K1’s music album. K1 is a famous Fuji icon in Nigeria.
7. He is the father in law to two foremost Nigerian Fuji musicians, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde (K1) and Alhaji Sule Adekunle Malaika.
8. He emerged Mogaji (the head of the family) in 1976, and he became the Jagun Balogun (the first line on the Balogun rung) in 1978.
9.He joined Facebook on January 17 and has126 friends already within three days.
10. He is the 41st Olubadan of Ibadan.